Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Getting on with it-July 12, 2016

It has been a very busy year so far. So many changes and the one thing I am reminded of continually is that change is inevitable so, I need to flow with the changes as smoothly as possible. My family is growing up and have busy lives so my partner and I have enjoyed some time together doing things we enjoy together and it's an exciting time for us as a couple. We have a few years yet before this will be the case so, in the meantime we are still juggling multiple things that come with raising a teenager and having other family to connect with. It seems there is never enough time but, I know that will not always be the case so I try to live in the moment and soak these times up knowing this part of my life that has been 35 years in the making--is coming to a close.

I am blessed to have so many dear friends in my life but, this year has also taught me that not everyone should be given my trust. I tend to want to bring everyone into the circle of acceptance and love that I enjoy and am reminded that not everyone wants or should be there and I need to trust my instincts fully. That doesn't mean I can't be pleasant and helpful but, it means that I should feel comfortable setting healthy boundaries with some people. It's knowledge that they are not in a place in their life that they feel secure and happy with who they are therefore, I need to recognize and accept them and not put myself out there for anyone that has not got integral intentions.

We are all always growing and changing and although I've come a long way, I have so much learning and growing still, if I ever think that is not true, that is trouble.

I still have a strong sense of purpose that I'm hear to do the work I'm doing and I feel a strong sense of facing injustices head on and doing the next right thing. Just for today.

No comments: